For additional reference, please see highlights from the video transcript:
In this video we will walk you through how to install the XenForo plugin. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your XenForo customer account
- Type “VigLink” into the search box
- Select VigLink 1.0.1
- Click the orange box that says "Download Now"
- Log in to your site’s admin
- Upload the contents of the /upload folder to the root directory of your forum via FTP
- Click the Add-ons square from the homepage
- Click the button that says “Install Add-on” in the upper righthand corner
- Click “Choose file” and select the XML file that was downloaded to your computer
- Click install add-on (this might take a little while to process); VigLink will now be available as one of your installed add-ons
- Click "Options" under the home tab
- Type in VigLink under the "filter items" box
- Paste your VigLink API key, which can be found in your VigLink Dashboard under Manage > Install
From here, you have a number of customization options. Customizations are categorized by our two main product offerings: VigLink Convert and VigLink Insert. These preferences will allow you to determine which of your users are served affiliate links.
In our test forum, we have seven user groups: administrative, banned, moderating, premium member, registered, super moderators, and unregistered/unconfirmed.
If, for example, you want to show all users Convert links, select all boxes under “Convert User Groups.” If, for example, you want to show Insert links to unregistered/ unconfirmed users only, then you’d select unregistered/unconfirmed. Once you’ve selected your preferences, click “Save Changes.” You're all set!